Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cinnamon n Spice Peanut Butter

Vaibhav and I have been wanting to make peanut butter at home for the longest time. Ever since I mentioned we can even make it spicy, he couldn't wait to run out of his store bought jar of peanut butter.

One morning he pulls out the empty jar out of the refrigerator and asks me, "Weren't we going to make some peanut butter of our own..when's that going to happen?"....obviously my next question was, "Why is there an empty jar in the fridge?"..to which he says, "See I could easily remind you this way..We are out." grrrrr...needless to say he had to fix his own breakfast that morning...but, the very next morning I found myself roasting peanuts..LOL

And I'm so glad I did. This is the best peanut butter ever..smooth, delicious, light and creamy with all the spice...so so good! The star ingredient sure is Cinnamon..it shines and makes this peanut butter taste absolutely wonderful. Omit the hot spice, but definitely add the cinnamon..you won't regret it.


Ingredients
yields about 1/2 cup

1 Cup de-shelled Peanuts
Pinch of  Salt
1 tablespoon Honey
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil (I use the Saffola safflower oil)
1/8th teaspoon Cinnamon
Pinch of Chilli Powder (optional..adjust per your taste)
Pinch of Paprika flakes (optional..adjust per your taste)

Dry roast the peanuts in a pan on low-medium heat. Be careful to not let them burn and be a little patient as they can go from a nice brown to burnt in seconds on high flame. Alternately, you could even roast them in an oven.

Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If using a food processor, probably a good idea to double the ingredients. I use a Magic bullet to blend, which works like a charm for this.

We have decided to come up and experiment with more flavors. Happy Buttering ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment